If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, then you are probably wondering where my vacation recap is.... Well.... It's coming and it will be FULL of announcements, insights and pictures! I will include all of the juicy announcements in my newsletters over the next few months. Make sure to opt-in to stay in the loop!
But for this blog, I'm talking about meal planning. I've had this subject on my mind for several weeks and I wanted to share before it gets put on the back burner. In fact, I might do a series of posts on this very subject.
On Monday mornings, I usually plan my meals for the week. Mondays are awesome because it's a time when you can get a fresh start, rededicate yourself to goals and focus.
These are the three tips that help me plan healthy meals.
- IF you are using a meal plan, USE IT!
- I usually pull my meals and plans from the Beachbody Program Meal Plans. They use a team of nutritionists and dieticians to help develop the plans. As time has progressed, the meal plans have become better! Now, some of them are so adaptable and easy to adjust for family needs.
- Using your meal plan also keeps your actions in line with your goals. You want to reach a goal, then you should fuel your body accordingly!
- Check the weather
- Um... what? Yes. Check the weather. Do you really want to cook a hearty soup recipe when it's 90 degrees outside? No.
- Personally, I don't like using the oven if it's over 85 outside. Those are the days when we cook using the stovetop, grill or small appliances for our dinner.
- Save Your Favorites!
- No need to reinvent the wheel. If there is a family favorite, add it into the rotation!
- We never knew how much we like a certain Grilled Chicken Salad in our home. But we always gobble it up! It is approved by my meal plans. It's easy to make without the use of an oven. And my kids love it! #WIN
I'm heading out to grocery shop for the week with these tips in mind. What's on the menu for you this week? Will it help your progress or hinder it?
In baby news, today I am 33 weeks along. YIKES! This little guy definitely gives me cues to slow down. I was surprised when he let me participate so much with the Live Workouts last week when I was in Cancun with Tony Horton, Shaun T and Autumn Calabrese. What a trooper!